it got me thinking. my formative years were spent with the gang from sesame street, and every time people ask me why i speak such good english (a question i inevitably encounter when out of the country), i answer that i learned from sesame street.
i did. we had limited tv hours and those were spent watching sesame street.
so what else did i learn? a rundown is in order.
well, i learned that:
1. skin color does not matter, not to children playing, not to adults working.
2. cooperation does wonders.
3. friends share
4. if you're a twiddlebug, you cannot fly to the zoo
5. nap time rocks
6. diversity makes for interesting friendships
7. trash is meant for the trash can (and oscar)
8. milk, when slowly pronounced, is mmmm-eeee-ll-k
9. everybody sleeps
10. sometimes it's okay to be afraid
11. when you don't know what to do, you can always ask for help
12. doing things by yourself is a sign of independence
13. there is an infinite number of ways to sing the alphabet and say your numbers
14. and finally, you can only be limited by your imagination.
i am sure over the next few days i will remember more. but for now this is all that counts.
so, does anybody want to buy an O?