Saturday, December 04, 2010

now i'm a believer!

the car's battery died on me today. i've been around enough cars so i knew what to check. the guard at western union was nice enough to immediately provide me with a screw driver and a pair of pliers. the guys at the pawnshop next to western union tried to help. (hmmm. i should have taken their pictures). they fussed over me, gave me advice.

eventually our own staff arrived with jumper cables, and the next thing to do was hail a cab or a jeep to do a series. after causing traffic, it turned out there was not enough charge in the battery to even do a series.

i caved in and called motolite delivery. they said it would take 30-45 minutes. lo and behold, arnel, my savior, arrived in 27. :D

he replaced the battery, and while i was wondering if he brought a franking machine, he brought out a swiping-machine-thingy!  he promptly swiped the card.


 in a few seconds the receipts were being spit out of the swiping-machine-thingy.
then i was on my merry way. oh, the guard and the pawnshop guy are in the background. :) masarap pa rin talaga sa pilipinas.

No comments:

Post a Comment