Friday, January 16, 2009

reality chomps

5 months of vacation out of the country, 2 birthdays, 2 weddings, christmas, new year, and a series of special non-working holidays that seemed (to me at least) unmatched, and you can imagine what state my brain was in. or is.

my brain is mush. i work so slow my fingers leave me behind and type their own thoughts. i have to pause to recall the last thought i thunk 5 minutes ago. i stop in the middle of talking because i forget what i was going to say.

i guess what they say is true. the brain atrophies. i tried to keep my brain active and busy while i was on vacation. but somehow twilight did not provide the much needed brain stimulation i craved. csi, ncis, the unit, and csi marathons did not help any.

unfortunately, work does not wait. nor is it a patient and lenient mistress. it takes out its whip and mercilessly slashes at you, the tip pointing at the clock with each swoosh. and yes, you must obey.

it's been a week since the last major non-work event took place. since then it's been a struggle for me to keep focused. but i try, and i manage. with a little luck the brain will be well-oiled soon, and the machinery more efficient.

till then, i guess it's whapakkkk!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:07 AM

    I understand exactly how you feel. Sigh. At this rate, by the time I'm off parental welfare, I'll be a dithering idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. heaven forbid we be dithering idiots. sigh.

    ReplyDelete