Wednesday, March 16, 2022

back from the dead

so..... i finally decided to visit my blog again. 

read the first few posts and found myself feeling nostalgic. well, the contents of the posts made me cry since it appears most of them are about daddy. 

but the nostalgia came from the fact that i miss writing. that i have not written anything even remotely non-legal in years. along with the nostalgia came the fear.

i have always found the words. they came so easily to me, whether i was writing a friend, a poem, a story, or even a damned grocery list. but lately i find myself grasping for the right word, and when i do find it, i find myself doubting my spelling. 

anybody who's known me for years would tell you i am stickler for correct grammar and spelling. and i am so afraid of losing the words, of not knowing what to say, or worse --- having so much to say and not knowing how to say it. 

someone dear to me told me to just try it again. slowly, until it becomes second nature again. 

so here i am with my first blog post after almost 7 years. 

back from the dead. it really feels like it. and maybe someday, the words will come back, too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment