Thursday, September 18, 2003

law deans

thought i'd write about a nice incident last sunday.

the first sunday of the bar we had to line up because we were a little late. it was a long line, probably 200 meters. so we said we'll be early the next sunday.

the following sunday we left about 20 minutes earlier (i left my watch but i decided to just borrow my dad's and not risk being late again.). when we got to lasalle there was no line. people were packing up, and the way to the buildings was clear.

hmmm. we all checked our watches to verify that we were not late. it wasn't even 715 yet. it felt like we had stepped into the twilight zone.

got to the end of the barricaded area. they asked for our permits. i had mine in a plastic envelope in my zipped bag. the supreme court guard was nice enough to open the bag for me and just reach in, since my bag was really packed.

i walked through and decided to pull my plastic envelope out of my bag. it had my permits and about 9 signpens.

when i got to the area where the law deans were standing (they stand there every sunday and wish the barristers from their respective schools good luck), my envelope came free. and so did my pens. all my pens spilled out.

i heard a comment "ang dami niyan ah."

and just when i was about to let myself blush, two of the deans approached me. one of them put a hand on my shoulder and said "don't move, iha. we'll take care of this." he and the other guy picked up the pens and handed them to me.

"ayan. dagdag good luck sa yo ha?"

i found myself smiling like an idiot. and thanking them. my blush never made it. i don't think i was embarrassed at all.

it put me in a good mood. and it filled me with hope, crazy though that thought may be.

there are human law deans pala. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment