Monday, January 15, 2007

happy new year?

half a month into the year and here i am again. lost my wallet last week so i'm still not in full possession of my faculties. but i will post.

let me see. new year posts usually consist of a post game analysis of the events of the previous year. sounds like a good start.

so. 2006. let's put them into categories. --family, work, love, friends, others. order irrelevant.

family -- sometime february last year we welcomed a new baby into the family. daryl thaddeus, my very own siopao. he's so cute i want to just bite him sometimes. smart to boot! he's picked up some of my habits, particularly when it comes to clothes. ate kay wants to strangle me. :D

my niece also gave birth to a baby girl. i felt a pang of sadness when she did. she's only a baby herself-- looking all grown up, but a baby nonetheless. but babies are blessings, no matter what. so am happy there's a new baby too. even if that makes me some sorta kinda a lola.

my parents are okay. had a few health scares and they continue to scare me when i'm all alone and about to sleep. i just pray everyday for their continued health and thank the BIG GUY up there. sometimes, though, i realize that my parents aren't getting any younger. that fact escapes me most of the time, mainly because they look ages younger than their actual age and they're too cool to be believed. my mom is almost addicted (so she says) to computer games, and my dad still invites me to drink out every now and then (me! the youngest girl!). i worry though but i trust mr. BIG GUY knows what he's doing.

my other siblings are fine. two of them are busy manning the law firm, also known as "da four sisters law firm (carinderia)" despite the fact that they both promised to never practice. anna b is sorely missed. it's been over a year since i last saw her and i feel her absence everyday, specially when confronted by grinning horses on brown bottles. da doctor is crazy as ever and i worry about her too. i guess i'll just have to pray that things straighten out for her soon. as for our resident us citizen, well... she's handled herself for so long i'm sure she'll keep on doing that for many many years to come. wag lang niya ko pabilhin ng pulburon molders. :)

work - hay work. i've been getting the hang of it but sometimes i just feel so tired and spent. it doesn't help that my family wants me to just go home and be a lawyer. still, i'm here. i know i'm good at what i do (mayabang ako, eh, bakit ba. walang hihirit.) and i'm learning a lot about things i never thought i'd pay attention to. to a certain extent the learning is keeping me here.
but my office friends keep me sane - jen, junjun, bebe, latino, luz, and elna. plus there's marge. each day is an adventure with them. you never know what they're going to think up next. so siguro di pa ko aalis dito. of course, the darned thing pays the bills. :D

love - hahahhaha. funny.

friends - made a lot of friends last year. kept most of the ones i already had. lost touch with some (sad.). i'm quite thankful, though, that i know these are people i'd fight for and they'd fight for me if need be. i'm extremely lucky when it comes to friends, i suppose.

others - ha. there it is. played an untold number of badminton games. drank an untold number of beers. slept odd hours. made a lot of decisions that still make me cringe. but these things are done and i can't really do anything about them.

travelled a lot too. :D :D :D

i'm not big on details these days. i think i'm still in a rut and i'm trying to get out of it. how did j put it -- my feeling of aimlessness.

hopefully i'll post more often. i miss writing.

so there. so far the first 15 days of the year leave much to be desired. wish me luck.

just make sure i don't have my phone with me when the brown bottles are there. :D

1 comment:

  1. finally! an update! :D

    i missed your posts. do write more often. there's a perpetual dearth of read-worthy blogs, ya know.

    so sorry about your wallet. mishyu.

    ReplyDelete