Monday, April 14, 2003

A few weeks ago I wrote something about having ugly kids because in all likelihood I will probably end up with an ugly husband. Though I ended on a hopeful note, my thoughts kept wandering to my kids.
Last night my friend and I were talking about Disney movies, and their sequels which are usually released straight to video. I told him I was excited about Jungle Book 2 because that was one of my favorites and that it was a good thing that it will be shown on the big screen. I started singing a line from one of the songs there. It goes, “…and I will have a handsome husband, and a daughter of my own…
I burst out laughing. Of all songs I could have picked, and of all the lines in that song, I had to pick one that would be quite apt for my state of mind. It seems my brain was sending me happy thoughts without my knowing it.
I just had to smile. It was wonderful to realize that despite my being almost jaded about the children I will have in the future, some part of me still hangs on to hope. Or maybe it knows something I don’t about my genetic make-up. Whatever it is, it’s something to hold on to. People need something to believe in. I am no exception.
So I will hold on to the thought that I will have beautiful children, though their father be not so handsome. But maybe I could push my belief further. I will have a handsome husband. And a daughter of my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment