Tuesday, April 22, 2003

for the past 2 nights i have been helping at my dad's bar, doing some waitressing and cooking and what-have-yous. it is not an easy job. you come to realize that wiping beer bottles can be a chore, cooking french fries one batch after the other becomes less fun as the potatoes keep coming, mixing drinks is definitely for the pros, and remembering orders is something best left to those equipped for the task.

i managed to stay on my feet but morning came and i felt so dried up and wilted. now i look at the waiters who serve me and my friends at bars differently. i can honestly say that they are experts in the field and i doff my hat. they make things look easy and enjoyable. now that i know better, i regard them with growing respect.

so to all you people out there, be kind to the waiters. their job is not easy. plus, if you're asses with them, remember that they can always spit in your food. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment