Thursday, July 10, 2003

i am a grandmother at 27. or grandaunt? whatever. my nephew's wife gave birth to a baby girl a few days ago. he is all of 19 years old, still in school and wet behind the ears.

when i first found out about my nephew getting his girlfriend pregnant, i had this vision of kids who are older than my kids calling me lola. i am not married. (well as anybody who has read the previous postings would know). nor will i be getting married anytime in the near future. maybe after the bar.

i digress. point being, after the initial disappointment at my nephew's carelessness, i felt a twinge of envy. okay, maybe something a little more than a twinge.

i have always liked children and i had thought when i was younger that i'd be having them by the time i'm 25. that was my plan. get married at around 24, start having babies at 25. that way, said my wise high school self, i will be able to run around with them and be their pal.

alas. here i am. 27, turning 28, no children, no boyfirned and no prospects of getting married within the year. so i guess i get to wait at least another year for my very own bundle of joy. sigh.

grandaunt at 27. ang ganda ng lola mo! ΓΌ

No comments:

Post a Comment