Tuesday, July 08, 2003

i should be studying. but i suppose it's healthy to take a break every now and then. for the first time in months i am actually absorbing something. probably because i got to play volleyball last night. it helped a little.

last night i went to help a friend get her volleyball team together. went to her office and as luck would have it, her office was a block away from my ex's office building. i felt like an idiot saying a mantra which went like this -- i will not look, i will not look, i will not look..... it was the end of office hours after all. and we all know that the powers that be's sense of humor is not something we can appreciate all the time. if they had seen fit, i would have come face to face with my ex and his girlfriend. that would have sent me into shock.

so i said my mantra, kept my head down and prayed for the concrete to swallow me whole. it must have worked because i was able to go to my friend's office without any untoward incident marring my day.

and i got to play volleyball!!!!!!!!!!! it's been ages since i last played and even though i was just "coaching" it still felt wonderful to get a hold of that 3 colored ball.

now my body aches in places where i had forgotten i had muscles. but the aches are welcome. i'm alive, i slept well, and i'm in the zone (studying i mean).

sometimes the little things make a load of difference. and i never let a day go by when i don't thank the Big Guy Up There for the little things.

ΓΌ

No comments:

Post a Comment