Tuesday, August 12, 2003

i'm drinking milo again.

it's funny. when i found out wen was courting somebody else i gave up 3 things. sleeping in my bed, eating chocolates and drinking milo. for some reason or other i couldn't do all those. my sister was ecstatic, of course. after all, i did give her the stash of chocolates i had. and that was a lot.

but the milo i couldn't understand. maybe because we were both non coffee drinkers and would prefer to drink milo or hot chocolate instead. maybe it was the color. hahaha.

still, my sister's been going at me to drink milo and i have consistently refused. until this morning.

there i was, reading up on civil law when all of a sudden i could almost taste milo. then it hit me. a craving for a warm (not hot, mind you.) warm cup of milo. so i heated some water and made myself a mug of the beverage. and the first gulp was like heaven. it was like coming home. i can't believe i'm writing about milo. but it seemed like such an event that i had to write it down. i finished the mug and now am craving for more.

the way i see it, i'm on my way. on my way to where? full recovery perhaps. the associations are slowly losing their hold on me. i've been sleeping in my bed for months now and now am drinking milo. these are good tidings.

life is good. the pain is almost gone, it just hits me when i'm feeling particularly vulnerable. which hasn't been happening much.

i'm moving on i suppose. and getting better each day.

who knows one day i'll wake up and reach for a bar of dark chocolate. and it will taste like heaven.

now all i have to do is pass the bar and then i'll be fine and i'll go out and face the world. watch out world, here i come!

oh, and watch out wasteline. ü

p.s.

just a thought.

associations: san miguel beer -- san miguel corporation -- danding cojuanco -- presidency -- philippines -- gone to the dogs (if not already).

so i was thinking, if i drink enough san mig light san miguel will be making a profit from that and then that profit will accrue to danding and he will use that to set his campaign machinery running and he will run for president of the philippines, then he will win because of that machinery and then where will we be? so, do i love my country enough to get me to stop drinking san mig light? will i make a difference if i start drinking lone star light exclusively?

i think i can give up san mig light. but then.... red horse is manufactured by san miguel corporation.

and therein lies my dilemma. sigh. love of country is hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment