Friday, August 29, 2003

one of dem murphy days again

it's 130 am.

just woke up. well i should be sleeping but then i slept around 1030 because i was so tired.

ran some errands today. my sister is in japan and i needed to send her money. so i was rushing trying to make it by at least 5 pm japanese time.

went to the bank. they did not have outgoing to japan. too bad. so i went back to up and headed straight for the shopping center. rcpi. they had western union.

yes, they had outgoing to japan. western union. no she didn't know where their branches were. but she can call. no she didn't know their rates. but she can call. so call she did.

line was busy so she told me to wait. so i did. and i sat there and listened to the people behind the counter, talking about this guy they were chatting with. during office hours. a 32 year old american.

sigh. customers came and went. they paid their bills, made their phone calls, sent their telegrams, got their money. and still i sat there.

finally the girl asked me how much i was sending. i said a thousand dollars.

all the doors opened. the lady was all smiles. very accommodating, actually. she made the calls, asked for the rates, and gave me a form.

filled up the form and gave it to the lady. the last page wasn't filled up. but she said it was okay. isang libo yan, wag na nating pagurin si mam. so she photocopied the form and gave me a copy.

it took me an hour. sigh. she made the calls, faxed the form and i gave her the payment. she asked me for my id. ang ganda mo dito ah. so i'm ugly now. oh well.

she was short 3 dollars so she asked me to come back for the change. no problem. i even got 3 coupons and got an umbrella for the transaction. finally done.

i called my sister and proudly told her that help was on the way.

called a few hours later and found out that the stupid branch of western union in tokyo closes at 3 pm. 3 pm. damn. i made the 5 pm deadline alright. but they close at 3 pm. they will open again at 9 am the next day. and lucky me my sister was to be on a 930 flight. double damn.

so now i have to figure out how to refund that damned cash.

wasted day. didn't get to study, was dead tired. all for naught.

another murphy day i suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment