Wednesday, August 13, 2003

my sister in the states sent me email saying :marunong na akong magtext!

she's all of 35 years old and i could almost see her face while she was typing that. funny. everyone's so into texting in the philippines that we take it all for granted. we send prayers, jokes, news, song lyrics, rants, raves , the occasional version of the chain letter, and what have you's. sometimes we forget that there is a primary use. communication. (dramatic!!!)

when i was sending her my number and the rest of the family's numbers, i began to feel excited too. now i don't have to wait online to get to send her messages. i don't have to call her and have her call me back. i can just text her to call me. exciting news can be relayed immediately.

i know my mom will be thrilled. she taught my niece how to text when she was there last year.

but then my sister, in all her excitement, forgot one thing. she forgot to give me her number.

guess she'll learn. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment