Monday, November 03, 2003

cemetery

yesterday we went to visit my brother's tomb. it was after 5 in the evening and it was pretty cold out there. but there were still people in the area.

when we got there, my sister and i lit candles. she and her boyfriend left me there and they went to visit other tombs.

as i sat there i had this peculiar feeling of peace. there i was, sitting cross-legged on top of the marble tomb as i watched the people go by. there was no fear, no prickling at the back of my neck. i wasn't even cold....

i felt safe. weird. since it was fast getting dark and a cemetery is not one of the places i'd want to be in when it gets dark.

still, i liked sitting there. soon it was time to go. the feeling didn't leave, at least not till i had my first beer. (we went bar-hopping.)

i'm getting weirder by the day. i should get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment